- ATE 2017 to be hosted by Sydney May 12 to 14 2017
- AU$1.5bn ICC Sydney opens in December 2016
Australian Tourism Exchange will return to Sydney and be held at the brand new International Convention Centre Sydney on May 14 to 18. International media marketplace takes place May 12 to 14
Tourism Australia Managing Director John O’Sullivan said while ATE has previously been held in Sydney international delegates attending next year’s event could expect to experience city that continues to be transformed by continued investment in new tourism infrastructure.
“The new infrastructure coming online means the timing of ATE couldn’t be better for shining the spotlight on the harbour city’s stunning new attributes and further cementing Sydney and Australia’s status as a world-class destination for leisure and business. The new ICC Sydney, will bring to the city a new integrated convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct in Sydney’s Daring Harbour for delegates to experience first-hand. The Australian Tourism Exchange is singularly the most significant business to business tourism trade event that Tourism Australia delivers each year, attracting more than 2,300 delegates from more than 30 countries including Australia, to meet and do business to grow international visitation to our country.”
Destination NSW Chief Executive Officer Sandra Chipchase said ATE presents a great opportunity to bring the tourism industry together.
The new AU$1.5bn development,ICC Sydney is opening in December 2016 .
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020