Ireland’s Olympic sailing silver medallist Annalise Murphy unveiled her own name on the nose of a Boeing 737 of ASL Airlines Ireland, the airline where her father Con is chief pilot.
Murphy becomes the first modern-day person to have an aircraft named after her by any Irish airline.
EI-STA, the ‘Annalise Murphy’, will now sail though the skies bringing holidaymakers all over Europe from Dublin, Shannon, Cork and Knock airports.
Captain Con Murphy flies ASL Ireland’s Boeing 757s on transatlantic services on behalf of Aer Lingus.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020