- Benefits: Two free return fares to Europe, with the customer paying taxes and fees, and date restrictions apply. Available when customer spends €5,000 or more on credit card in reward year
- Two fast track and priority boarding passes on Aer Lingus-operated flights out of Ireland
- Two lounge passes for Dublin, Cork, Shannon or Belfast each reward year
- Worldwide Multi-trip Family Travel Insurance, underwritten by AIG Europe, including winter sports, with acceptance criteria and t&c’s applying.
- Customers can collect one Avios for every €1 spent on Aer Lingus products and services and one Avios for every €4 spent on all other transactions.
Bank of Ireland has teamed up with Aer Lingus to launch the co-branded Aer Credit Card which the companies said offers travel rewards as well as normal card services.
Benefits are listed above, with restrictions and terms and conditions applying. The card costs €7.99 a month, plus government stamp duty of €30 a year. The standard annual interest rate is 16.12pc variable and Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 26.6pc variable for purchases.
Susanne Carberry, Director of Network Revenue and Loyalty, Aer Lingus, said: “The launch of Aer Credit Card is an exciting next step for AerClub which recently welcomed its one millionth member and we are delighted to partner with Bank of Ireland.
“We launched AerClub two years ago with the ambition of creating an offering that would have widespread appeal and everyday relevance. Aer Credit Card is a strong addition to this portfolio as it offers a credit card product together with attractive travel rewards and equally allows cardholders to earn Avios with every transaction.”
Christine Hamill, Head of Retail Cards at Bank of Ireland said: “Year on year, credit cards are coming out on top as the number one payment choice for holiday purchases. Aer Credit Card will enhance customers travel experience with lounge access, fast passes, travel insurance and free fares to reward them for their loyalty. In addition the extended Avios earned can be used to save money on flights, hotels and car hire.”
Bank of Ireland said it also allows customers to spread larger credit card payments over €500 at a lower rate of 6.9pc APR.
AerClub, Aer Lingus’ loyalty programme, offers its members the opportunity to collect Avios each time they fly, and on the ground with partners such as SuperValu and Kildare Village, and ‘online’ via the AerClub eStore which is home to hundreds of top name brands including retail, hotels and car hire, across Ireland, Europe and North America.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020