- Aer Lingus take team and individual victory in Runway Run in Budapest.
- Robert Murphy wins individual event for the airline.
On Saturday in Budapest Aer Lingus won the team and individual awards at the annual BUD: Runway Run in Budapest.
The event is the industry’s annual 10km charity race and had 976 runners from airlines, airports and other aviation enterprises – including headline sponsor Airbus – lined up on the start line. In a very unique twist to proceedings the course consists of four lengths of the runway.
Thirty-five-year-old Robert Murphy won the individual title in a scorching time of 34:47 to take the Fastest Aviator crown; it’s the second time Murphy has won the event. James Liddane who finished third for Aer Lingus in a very fast 37:41.
Latest posts by Maria Sinnott (see all)
- Aer Lingus moves Shannon-Heathrow flight time to aid businesses - January 10, 2017
- Belinda Vazquez to replace Chris Logan as head of Falcon, Thomson and Crystal in Ireland - January 10, 2017
- Dublin slips to 4th fastest growing large airport in ACI European airport league - January 10, 2017
- Ireland 9th overall & 3rd in Europe in Rough Guide readers 2017 destination list - January 10, 2017
- Aer Lingus owner IAG group carries 100.6m passengers in 2016, Air France KLM carry 93.44m - January 9, 2017