- Deal is latest tie-in with AerClub following Bank of Ireland credit card launch
- Car hire can be paid through Avios points
- Avis Budget Group has 11,000 locations worldwide
Aer Lingus is partnering with Avis Budget Group, giving passengers access to rental vehicles across the world.
The new partnership gives the airline’s AerClub members the opportunity to collect Avios on all car hire purchases with operators Avis and Budget.
It’s the latest move in the airline industry to maximise revenue from passengers through selling ancillary services such as car hire, hotel bookings and preferred seat options.
Aer Lingus said additional benefits include a dedicated reservation line, a free additional driver (only available with Avis bookings) and payment flexibility.
Passengers will collect 3 Avios per €1 spent with Avis and 2 Avios per €1 spent with Budget. Passengers can also pay for car rental using Avios.
Avis Budget Group has more than 11,000 locations around the world, and provides thousands of rentals per year to Irish holidaymakers, with the top five destinations in 2018 including Britain, the USA, France, Spain and Italy.
Jennifer Fox, Director of Performance Delivery and Retail, Aer Lingus, said: “The partnership also serves to enhance our existing loyalty programme AerClub, enabling AerClub members to collect Avios on their car hire purchases.”
Julia Kemp, Director of International Sales & Partnerships, Avis Budget Group, said: “Our new agreement with Aer Lingus is an exciting development and further expands our exclusive partnership with International Airlines Group (IAG).
“It’s also a step forward in aligning mobility services in the travel industry and an example of how we are always looking for new and innovate ways to streamline and improve our services to customers, making the rental process stress-free and convenient.”
To find out Aer Lingus’ new car hire offering powered by Avis and Budget visit cars.aerlingus.com.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020