- Deal is latest tie-in with AerClub following Bank of Ireland credit card launch
- Car hire can be paid through Avios points
- Avis Budget Group has 11,000 locations worldwide
Aer Lingus is partnering with Avis Budget Group, giving passengers access to rental vehicles across the world.
The new partnership gives the airline’smembers the opportunity to collect Avios on all car hire purchases with operators Avis and Budget.
It’s the latest move in the airline industry to maximise revenue from passengers through selling ancillary services such as car hire, hotel bookings and preferred seat options.
Aer Lingus said additional benefits include a dedicated reservation line, a free additional driver (only available with Avis bookings) and payment flexibility.
Passengers will collect 3 Avios per €1 spent with Avis and 2 Avios per €1 spent with Budget. Passengers can also pay for car rental using Avios.
Avis Budget Group has more than 11,000 locations around the world, and provides thousands of rentals per year to Irish holidaymakers, with the top five destinations in 2018 including Britain, the USA, France, Spain and Italy.
Jennifer Fox, Director of Performance Delivery and Retail, Aer Lingus, said: “The partnership also serves to enhance our existing loyalty programme AerClub, enabling AerClub members to collect Avios on their car hire purchases.”
Julia Kemp, Director of International Sales & Partnerships, Avis Budget Group, said: “Our new agreement with Aer Lingus is an exciting development and further expands our exclusive partnership with International Airlines Group (IAG).
“It’s also a step forward in aligning mobility services in the travel industry and an example of how we are always looking for new and innovate ways to streamline and improve our services to customers, making the rental process stress-free and convenient.”
To find out Aer Lingus’ new car hire offering powered by Avis and Budget visit.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Club Travel to take over Atlas Travel - December 3, 2019
- Ryanair passengers up 6pc to record 11m in November - December 3, 2019
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019