- Santry based Stobart to provide Embraer 195 aircraft for Amsterdam routes
- Contract under Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance, Insurance agreement
- Stobart to operate up to eight flights per day to and from Amsterdam
- KLM Cityhopper is fourth airline partner for Stobart Air,
- Aer Lingus, Flybe and British Airways City Flyer
Aer Lingus Regional operator Stobart Air has secured a new partnership to operate flights on behalf of KLM Cityhopper.
The agreement will see Stobart Air provide an E195 jet – which can carry up to 124 passengers – on an ACMI contract to operate up to eight flights per day from Amsterdam, including Dublin to Amsterdam.
Cityhopper, the regional airline subsidiary of KLM, currently has a fleet of 49 aircraft, serving 69 destinations
The partnership follows Stobart Air’s recent €36m investment in two Embraer E190 jet aircraft to service routes for BA Cityflyer from London City Airport, and the addition of 40 new jobs.
In 2018, Stobart Air’s overall passenger figures increased by 12pc on the previous year, with the airline carrying 2,224,037 passengers on over 43,500 flights throughout the year.
The airline reported a significant increase on its Flybe routes from London Southend Airport, with passenger numbers doubling last year to 500,000.
The Managing Director of Stobart Air, Graeme Buchanan, said: “Last year was a successful year for Stobart Air. As a result of a strong route network and optimum schedules, coupled with operating key routes to meet the demand of our passengers, the airline continues to perform well. The addition of our new partner is testament to the success of our business model in providing regional flying capacity to leading international airlines.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Trump triggers more turbulence for Ryanair and other Boeing customers - April 14, 2019
- Shannon Heritage to further develop historic Newbridge House as tourist attraction - April 13, 2019