- Dubrovnik: Starts May 4, 2019, operated by A320 Tuesday and Saturday.
- Nice: Commences May 1, 2019, operated by A320 Wednesday and Sunday.
- 1m Aer Lingus seats available from Cork in Summer 2019
Aer Lingus marked its inaugural flight to Lisbon with the announcement of Summer 2019 services to Dubrovnik and Nice. The airline also announced that the Cork to Lisbon route will be year-round each Monday and Friday.
Aer Lingus is the largest airline operating at Cork Airport, both in terms of frequency of flights and seat capacity, operating to to 23 destinations. Next summer, Aer Lingus will increase capacity from Cork to 1,063,000 seats, up 4pc on Summer 2018.
Greg Kaldahl, Chief Strategy and Planning Officer at Aer Lingus said: “Each new Aer Lingus route opens up new travel opportunities for the people of Cork for both leisure and business, as well as providing huge inbound tourism opportunities for visitors from South of France, Croatia and Portugal. We remain committed to enhancing our offering from Cork Airport in the coming years.”
In 2019, over 50 routes will now be on offer from Cork Airport across Britain, continental Europe and the US. It’s forecasted that 2.6m passengers will travel through Cork Airport next year.
Niall MacCarthy, Managing Director of Cork Airport, said: “Aer Lingus is our longest serving and biggest customer at Cork Airport. We are forecasting overall passenger growth of 7pc in 2019 which, despite Brexit, will demonstrate a strong performance once again next year.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Travel quote of the day from an Irish writer - February 22, 2019
- Derry Stansted and Manchester routes get reprieve as Loganair sets in - February 22, 2019
- Destination of the day: Chicago - February 22, 2019
- Flybe reject alternative bid to save airline and go with Stobart - February 21, 2019
- Icelandair to increase Dublin-Reyjkjavik frequency to 10w from May - February 21, 2019