- AerClub is Ireland’s largest travel loyalty programme
- 450,000 members are Irish, 267,000 are in US, with 152,000 from Europe and Britain.
- Since its launch in November 2016, AerClub members have taken 2.4m flights with Aer Lingus and flown approximately 2.58bn miles
Maria Healy from Balbriggan, Co Dublin, has become the millionth person worldwide to sign up to the AerClub loyalty programme run by Aer Lingus.
The scheme – which replaced the popular Gold Circle programme – allows members to collect Avios points each time they fly and on the ground with partners such as SuperValu and Kildare Village, or online via the AerClub eStore featuring brands in retail, hotels and car hire. Members collect up to 12 Avios for every euro, dollar or pound they spend.
DJ Maria Healy was presented with Platinum membership with AerClub, a €500 shopping trip and personal styling session from Kildare Village, a personal chauffeur courtesy of Devine’s Chauffeur Service to drive her to and from her shopping spree, dinner at the five-star Merrion Hotel, and 240,000 Avios points, enabling her to enjoy business class return flights to the US or up to 30 flights from Ireland to Europe (excluding taxes, fees and charges).
Mike Rutter, Chief Operating Officer at Aer Lingus, said: “We work with partners that we know will appeal to our members and we plan to continue to develop the AerClub offering, creating even more ways for our members to collect and be rewarded.”
AerClub has welcomed members worldwide, including 450,000 Irish members, 267,000 US members and 152,000 members from across Europe and Britain.
The most frequently travelled routes by members include Dublin – Heathrow, Dublin – Gatwick and Cork – Heathrow. When it comes spending their Avios on reward flights, AerClub members are opting for US cities including New York and Boston, as well as Faro, Malaga and London.
AerClub is made up of four membership tiers – Green, Silver, Platinum and Concierge. Each tier has a combination of travel benefits which may include lounge access, priority check in, priority boarding and bonus Avios earning.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020