- 10pc of Airbnb bookings are business travellers
- New tool allows travel managers differentiate properites
Airbnb announced a new tool allowing travel managers to book Airbnb listings for a company’s travelling employees.
The facility will allow coworkers to book Airbnb stays for each other. but will not be available to travel agents, external travel managers, or travel management companies.
Airbnb have differentiated Business Travel Ready listings (see here), properties with amenities and services a business traveller needs like free WiFi, laptop-friendly workspaces and 24 hour check-in.
The company says that 10pc of all bookings are already business travel and business travel booked through AirBnB has tripled in the last year. They claim 50,000 companies have used Airbnb for Business to make a booking.
After the booking is made, the third-party who booked the stay will be able to send messages to the host and make additional changes to the itinerary.
Lex Bayer, Head of Global Payments and Business Development at Airbnb says “We’re responding to our customers. Companies like Google and Salesforce have really been instrumental in having their travel managers tell us what features they’d like to see on our platforms. Whoever is booking corporate travel will be able to select the person they’re booking for though a drop-down menu during the final booking stage.
“more business travellers are choosing to stay with Airbnb while they are on the road, so they get the chance to not just visit , but live in a city, even if it’s for one night. Our hosts offer more than just generic hospitality, they help travelers live in the heart of local neighbourhoods. We we are excited that this product update will introduce a whole new segment of business travellers to this experience.”
The new tool allows those who use Airbnb for Business to book for someone else so that both the travel manager and the employee who is taking the trip can see the trip details, make changes to the reservation and message the Airbnb host with questions about the listing.
Irbnb says the majority of their 50,000 business travel partners will receive the enhanced functionality this week and the feature will roll out to the rest over the course of the year.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Who blinked as Amadeus drop Ryanair from GDS? - December 10, 2017
- Insurance and financial services veteran Emer Daly joins Ryanair board - December 7, 2017
- Dublin Port named Company of the Year at Irish business awards - December 7, 2017
- Shannon Airport wins global customer service prize from American Airlines - December 6, 2017
- Irish Center Parcs work moves up a gear as builders get accommodation contract - December 5, 2017