- Applications for Foodie Destinations 2016 are now open
- Vintners Association Support Your Local campaign claimed excise tax on a 750ml standard bottle of wine in Ireland is €3.19, while excise on a standard bottle of wine in France is €0.03.
- Ballymaloe Cookery School is offering a five day course from August 29. It will include demos and cookery classes and a lesson on how to milk cows. Participants will learn how to sow sees and make cheese. The course runs from 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, and costs €1,450. Visit cookingisfun.ie.
- Bord Bia launched an interactive map featuring 65 award-winning restaurants across the country as part of its Just Ask initiative.
The following two tabs change content below.
Ireland's premier source of travel information
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Aer Lingus to bring back business class on European flights - December 16, 2018
- Destination of the day: The Rhine with AmaWaterways 2014 - December 14, 2018
- Destination of the day: Rhodope Mountains - December 13, 2018
- Anne Rigail is new CEO of Air France - December 12, 2018
- Aer Lingus one of first three airlines to join IATA’s platform to combat turbulence - December 12, 2018