- Applications for Foodie Destinations 2016 are now open
- Vintners Association Support Your Local campaign claimed excise tax on a 750ml standard bottle of wine in Ireland is €3.19, while excise on a standard bottle of wine in France is €0.03.
- Ballymaloe Cookery School is offering a five day course from August 29. It will include demos and cookery classes and a lesson on how to milk cows. Participants will learn how to sow sees and make cheese. The course runs from 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, and costs €1,450. Visit cookingisfun.ie.
- Bord Bia launched an interactive map featuring 65 award-winning restaurants across the country as part of its Just Ask initiative.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- As the world gets set to go green, Dublin sees red for Chinese new year - February 16, 2018
- Ryanair to fly from Shannon to Liverpool and Bristol and boost Manchester services - February 16, 2018
- Irish spend €32m in Malta as visitor numbers rise by 9pc - February 14, 2018
- AerCap report 402 airline transactions in 2017 including 119 widebody - February 14, 2018
- Eastern Med and cruising to be star performers this summer as TUI earnings up 58pc - February 14, 2018