- Applications for Foodie Destinations 2016 are now open
- Vintners Association Support Your Local campaign claimed excise tax on a 750ml standard bottle of wine in Ireland is €3.19, while excise on a standard bottle of wine in France is €0.03.
- Ballymaloe Cookery School is offering a five day course from August 29. It will include demos and cookery classes and a lesson on how to milk cows. Participants will learn how to sow sees and make cheese. The course runs from 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, and costs €1,450. Visit cookingisfun.ie.
- Bord Bia launched an interactive map featuring 65 award-winning restaurants across the country as part of its Just Ask initiative.
The following two tabs change content below.
Ireland's premier source of travel information
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Boeing’s MCAS meltdown, where will it end? - March 17, 2019
- SECOND Boeing 737-Max loss in 6 months: Ethiopian ET-AVJ crashes after take off from Addis to Nairobi - March 10, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: A321 production line delay ruins Aer Lingus’s summer - March 10, 2019
- Women to get priority boarding on selected Aer Lingus flights to mark Women’s Day - March 7, 2019
- Ireland has highest proportion of gold Travel Counsellors with 12pc - March 6, 2019