- Applications for Foodie Destinations 2016 are now open
- Vintners Association Support Your Local campaign claimed excise tax on a 750ml standard bottle of wine in Ireland is €3.19, while excise on a standard bottle of wine in France is €0.03.
- Ballymaloe Cookery School is offering a five day course from August 29. It will include demos and cookery classes and a lesson on how to milk cows. Participants will learn how to sow sees and make cheese. The course runs from 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, and costs €1,450. Visit cookingisfun.ie.
- Bord Bia launched an interactive map featuring 65 award-winning restaurants across the country as part of its Just Ask initiative.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Plucked to safety: US Embassy pardons Dustin the Turkey for Thanksgiving - November 22, 2017
- Globally-focused Swedish hotel group closing in on €900m deal for Jurys Inns - November 21, 2017
- Ryanair holding recruitment day in Dublin this week as it looks to hire 200 engineers - November 21, 2017
- Almost 85,000 travel between Dublin, Kerry and Donegal in last year – Aer Lingus Regional - November 21, 2017
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: It’s raining A330s as Aer Lingus announces seamless to Seattle - November 19, 2017