- Applications for Foodie Destinations 2016 are now open
- Vintners Association Support Your Local campaign claimed excise tax on a 750ml standard bottle of wine in Ireland is €3.19, while excise on a standard bottle of wine in France is €0.03.
- Ballymaloe Cookery School is offering a five day course from August 29. It will include demos and cookery classes and a lesson on how to milk cows. Participants will learn how to sow sees and make cheese. The course runs from 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, and costs €1,450. Visit cookingisfun.ie.
- Bord Bia launched an interactive map featuring 65 award-winning restaurants across the country as part of its Just Ask initiative.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Ryanair wants SIX HUNDRED more aircraft to meet growth plans after 2023 - May 28, 2017
- Queues, tarmac delays & error messages as BA computer system crashes - May 27, 2017
- Ireland now Delta’s 5th biggest European market as Dublin-Boston seasonal route takes off - May 26, 2017
- Now that’s an eruption: Five HOUR waits as Universal’s Volcano Bay in Orlando opens to sound of Haka from Maori dancers - May 26, 2017
- Cork Airport launching summer route to home of Romeo and Juliet - May 25, 2017