- Applications for Foodie Destinations 2016 are now open
- Vintners Association Support Your Local campaign claimed excise tax on a 750ml standard bottle of wine in Ireland is €3.19, while excise on a standard bottle of wine in France is €0.03.
- Ballymaloe Cookery School is offering a five day course from August 29. It will include demos and cookery classes and a lesson on how to milk cows. Participants will learn how to sow sees and make cheese. The course runs from 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, and costs €1,450. Visit cookingisfun.ie.
- Bord Bia launched an interactive map featuring 65 award-winning restaurants across the country as part of its Just Ask initiative.
The following two tabs change content below.
Ireland's premier source of travel information
READ Ireland has record 16 Michelin Stars as Chestnut Ballydehob, Ichigo Ichie Cork & Mews Baltimore join list
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Destination of the Day: The NSW Outback - October 17, 2018
- Offaly Council told of proposed airport in the exact middle of Ireland - October 16, 2018
- Ryanair moves ground ops to Omniserv from Swissport at Stansted - October 16, 2018
- Travel quote of the day from an Irish writer - October 16, 2018
- ‘Never intended to be anything more than a humorous insight’ – Photographer decries ‘Aer Lingus put X factor finalists in economy class’ story - October 16, 2018