- Ashford Castle wins hotel of the year
- Rolf’s Country House in Baltimore, and The Talbot Hotel Stillorgan also honoured
- Three rosettes for Lady Helen in Mount Juliet and Gregan’s Castle in Ballyvaughan,
Mayo’s Ashford Castle, managed by Niall Rochford, was named AA Hotel Of The Year for 2017 at a cermony in medley in Dublin.
The five-star hotel was presented with the award by Minister of State for Tourism Patrick O’Donovan at the annual AA Hospitality Awards.
Rolf’s Country House in Baltimore, Co. Cork won ‘AA Guest Accommodation of the Year’, while the The Talbot Hotel in Stillorgan, Dublin, picked up the ‘AA Courtesy & Care Award’ for customer care. Two restaurants won three rosette status Lady Helen in Mount Juliet and Gregan’s Castle in Ballyvaughan, and two won two star status, the Cliff House in Ardmore and Patrick Guilbaud‘s in the Merrion Hotel in Dublin.
The Red Carnation hotel has sen 75m in ivnestment over the past three year. The hotel enjoyed an exceptional year in 2016 with an occupancy rate into ‘the mid to high 90s’ between mid-May to the end of September. In 2015, Ashford Castle was voted as the world’s number one hotel by luxury travel network Virtuoso.
AA Director of Consumer Affairs Conor Faughnan said “Ashford Castle is one of Irish tourism’s finest assets. It takes a lot to impress an AA Inspectors; they judge by the most exacting standards in the industry. Ashford Castle’s beauty is breath-taking and the investments made by its owners are evident throughout the Castle and grounds.What is more important though, is the standards of friendliness, professionalism and warmth shown by the entire team. Ashford Castle is a wonderful representation of everything that Irish tourism does so well.”
- Watch here interview with Niall Rochford GM of Ashford Castle the AA Hotel of the Year
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Who blinked as Amadeus drop Ryanair from GDS? - December 10, 2017
- Insurance and financial services veteran Emer Daly joins Ryanair board - December 7, 2017
- Dublin Port named Company of the Year at Irish business awards - December 7, 2017
- Shannon Airport wins global customer service prize from American Airlines - December 6, 2017
- Irish Center Parcs work moves up a gear as builders get accommodation contract - December 5, 2017