- Overall Spa of the Year: The Spa at Ashford Castle
- Newcomer Award: The Spa at Adare Manor
- City Spa of the Year: The Spa at the Shelbourne
- Best Service: The Spa at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
- Best Facial: Youth Renew Hydra Glow Peel at Monart Destination Spa
- Best Body Treatment: Neroli Blossom Sensory Massage at Oasis Spa at Lyrath Estate Hotel
- Best Treatment Package: Lavender Lullaby at The Spa at Farnham Estate
- Innovation: The Cliff Group
- Style Award: The Well in the Garden at Cliff at Lyons
- Best Therapist: Rachel O’Mahony at The Beautique Spa at the Hayfield Manor
- Leinster Spa of the Year: Monart Destination Spa
- Munster Spa of the Year: Sàmas Spa at the Park Hotel Kenmare
- Connacht Spa of the Year: The Spa at Ashford Castle
- Ulster Spa of the Year: The Spa at Galgorm Castle
The Spa at Ashford Castle has been named Best Spa in Ireland at the 2018 Irish Tatler Spa of the Year Awards, the 10th year of the awards. It replaces Monart, 2017’s overall winner.
The glamorous Spa at the five star Ashford Castle was named best in Connacht, as well as overall winner; Wexford’s destination spa Monart won in Leinster, the Samas Spa at the Park in Kenmare for Munster; while the Spa at Galgorm was named the Best Spa in Ulster for the second year in a row.
Ireland’s first Creme de la Mer Spa, the Spa at Adare Manor, was named Best Newcomer following its opening earlier this year and the Spa at Dublin’s Shelbourne Hotel took home the win for Best City Spa.
Among the other awards of the day were the country’s Best Facial, at Monart Destination Spa, the Best Body Treatment care of Kilkenny’s Lyrath Estate and a Best Service award that went to the Spa at Killarney’s Aghadoe Heights Hotel. Spa managers from some of Ireland’s most prestigious properties attended the ceremony at the Intercontinental Hotel in Ballsbridge.
Irish Tatler editor Shauna O’Halloran said “We have amazing luxury spas to offer in Ireland, and with hotel bookings and high end staycations being once again on the up, there is nothing but good news for the Irish spa industry,” said
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019