- Cormac Barry joins from Sportsbet
- Previously with Paddy Power
Cormac Barry is to succeed Mike McGearty as CEO of Dublin-based CarTrawler, having joined from Australian gambling firm while David Cotter is the travel technology company’s new Chief Financial Officer.
Cormac Barry was previously the CEO of Sportsbet, the Australian division of Paddy Power Betfair, and will join CarTrawler in early April. The company said his appointment follows a global search to identify a successor to Mike McGearty, who announced last October that he was stepping down after 12 years as CEO.
CarTrawler last week announced the launch of Ryanair Transfers, which will broaden it from the car hire market into the lucrative airport ground transfers market.
Trinity College graduate Cormac Barry joined Paddy Power in 2000 and was part of the team that set up paddypower.com. He moved to Australia in 2009 to become Commercial Director of Sportsbet following its acquisition by Paddy Power, before being appointed CEO in 2011.
David Cotter is currently CarTrawler’s Director of Supply & Business Development Strategy. He becomes CFO with immediate effect, following Tom Hickey’s decision to leave the company to pursue other opportunities. Hickey will remain at the Company for a short period in order to ensure an orderly handover process.
Prior to joining Cartrawler, Cotter was the Director of Corporate Development at Paddy Power Betfair. Previous roles have included Investment Manager of English private equity firm Livingbridge, and CFO of a property development fund. David qualified as a Chartered Accountant with KPMG, and is also a graduate of Trinity College Dublin.
Patrick Kennedy, Chairman of CarTrawler, said of Cormac Barry’s appointment: “His expertise in developing and leading high-performance corporate cultures, as well as his experience of building market-leading digital businesses, make him the ideal candidate to take CarTrawler to the next level of its ambitious expansion plan.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: And the shortlist for the travel trade awards is - January 14, 2018
- Travel agent of the year shortlist revealed: Joanna Gomez, Georgina Kelly & Leslie Marshall - January 12, 2018
- Another big move at DAA as runway mastermind follows old boss Kevin Toland to food firm - January 12, 2018
- Airport veteran Brian Drain to head up human resources in latest DAA shake-up - January 11, 2018
- Everest Base Camp with Declan O’Connell of Lee Travel - January 11, 2018