South African Tourism and Travelfocus hosted 32 agents from the West of Ireland at a training session held in the Galway Bay Hotel.
Nina Farrimond, Manager Trade Relations from South African Tourism was the trainer for the evening along with Anne O’Sullivan from Travel Focus and Audrey Headon from Headon Representation.
Nina Farrimond itold agents that tourism from Ireland to SA was up 16pc last year.
Nina delivered what Frances Grogan summed up in her kind words afterwards as “the best training session I have ever been at.”
Nine offered agents an in depth knowledge of Capetown, The Garden Route and Kruger and everyone left feeling better equip to sell South Africa as a holiday destination.
Audrey Headon from Headon Representation says agents should watch out for further details of training sessions around the country.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Sunday Supplement: Dublin aims for 6m transfer passengers as it sends 223 flights west each week - August 19, 2018
- Clickandgo gives you a run for your money as it’s named official Irish partner of Lanzarote Marathon - August 16, 2018
- Virtuoso awards hotel of the year to Adare Manor - August 16, 2018
- 18m passengers use Dublin Airport in first half of year as July breaks records - August 15, 2018
- Ed Sheeran and Dermot O’Leary to promote tourism to Ireland this autumn - August 14, 2018