- The Burj Al Arab opened a 10,000 sqm outdoor terrace stretching 100 metres out into the sea with a 612 sqm freshwater pool and an 828 sqm saltwater pool.
- Ryanair set a deadline and terms for October 1 launch of Ryanair Rooms, declaring it will be a new style accommodation product to include homesteads as well as hotels. A Ryanair holidays product is still 18 months off, according to Kenny Jacobs. See here.
- A statistic from TTM Plus in Chiang Mai: 1,383 new hotel brands have launched in the last ten years.
- The iconic Ritz Paris reopened on Monday.
- The Rhatigan Group, owners of the four star Radisson BLU Royal Hotel Golden Lane submitted planning permission for an extension of eight storeys over two basement floors that will bring the hotel’s room count to 255, up by 100 rooms.
- Corinthia Hotels will open a 300-room beachside resort in Dubai in 2019s located on the site of the former Meydan Beach Club.
- Radisson Blu is to open a 207-room hotel in Durban in 2019.
- JP McManus’s Adare Manor hopes to host the Ryder Cup within 10 years.
- Dream Hotel Group is to open six new properties in the US and Qatar: The 175-room Dream Palm Springs (2018), the 169-room Dream Nashville (mid-2018), the 260-room Dream Dallas (second half of 2018), the 239-room Dream Times Square (second half of 2018), the 254-room Dream Long Island City (2019) and the 325-room Dream Doha (late 2019).
- The planning board greenlit a41-bedroom McKillen hotel in Ranelagh.
- The Imperial Hotel in Cork celebrated its 200th birthday.
- The Cliffs of Moher Hotel in Liscannor has reopened with Mark Cronin as GM. Bremeline Muthurajah was appointed Sales Manager at the Dylan Hotel. Jana Motesova joined the Spencer Hotel as F&B Manager from the Radisson BLU Royal Hotel Golden Lane. Ciara O’Leary joined the Grand Hotel as Banqueting Coordinator from Station House Hotel. Barbara Tierney joined Bellinter House as wedding coordinator from the City North Hotel. Anne Marie Hallinan joined Lyrath Estate in Corporate Sales from The Springhill Court Hotel.
- And for those who haven’t had enough of the Euro soccer championships (only four weeks to go), Ireland are based in the recently redesigned Trianon Palace (website), a woodland retreat nestled on the edge of the domaine royal, 20km from Paris. It comes with spa, manicured gardens, and Michelin-starred chef. Northern Ireland are staying in the Château de Pizay, St-Jean-d’Ardières (website) a four-star hotel in the heart of Beaujolais country in the centre of France, 45 minutes from Lyon. It comes with 48 duplex suites and 80 hectares of vineyard and 30 hectares of forest, a 1000sqm spa, a heated outdoor pool, a tennis court and restaurant with a courtyard.
- Trump Hotels announced that it will launch a lifestyle brand. The name has not been announced yet, but reports suggest it will not include ‘Trump’.
The following two tabs change content below.
Ireland's premier source of travel information
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019