- Celebrity wants to homeport full season in Dublin
- Target is 2020 and 2021 if that is not successful
Celebrity Cruises intends home porting a ship in Ireland in 2010, and is considering a full season should the numbers justify it.
Jo Rzymowska told a briefing for 28 key members of the Irish travel trade in the newly opened Ivy restaurant in Dawson St that results would determine the decision, after a successful 5-turnaround mini season by Celebrity Eclipse saw 70pc of embarking passengers orientate in the USA. “we had 15,000 embarking in Dublin this year. I want to turn that to 30,000 in 2020, and if I don’t succeed we will do it in 2021.”
Celebrity will return with another ship in 2019. Valerie Murphy. Jo Rzymowska and Michael English of Celebrity Cruise Line updated the trade on progress with Celebrity Edge, due to launch in six weeks.
- Watch here full speech by Jo Rzymowska at the event.
- See more pictures here or connect with the album on Facebook.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019