Celebrity Cruises is to hike its automatic daily gratuity from July 1, 2016up to $13.50 from $12.95 per person, per day and to $14 in Concierge-class and $17 in AquaClass.
Royal Caribbean ordered a fifth ship in the 5,479-passenger Oasis class Saint-Nazaire’s STX shipyard for delivery 2021.
Celebrity Cruises ordered a third and fourth ships in its “small-ship itinerary” Edge Class, scheduled for delivery 2018, 2020 and now 2021 and 2022. Edge-class ships will be smaller than the line’s Solstice Class but larger than the Millennial Class.
Thomson Cruises’ TUI Discovery entered wet dock and will depart Cadiz for Palma on June 5, and commence service on June 11. The 1,830-passenger ship which contains 915 cabins, 40pc with balconies and spans 11 decks will become the largest ship in Thomson Cruises’ fleet.
- Watch here Dawn Conway of Sunway on board the ship, watch here the ship arriving in Southampton, watch here Irish agents at the pre-launch event on board Harmony of the Seas
- SuperBreak partnered with A-ROSA for short break river cruise packages.
- Empress of the Seas returned to service in Miami for Royal Caribbean after a $50m makeover two months later than originally planned.
- Regent named Princess Charlene of Monaco as Godmother of Seven Seas Explorer
- Cruise & Maritime Voyages has partnered with taxi comparison service Minicabit to offer fixed price taxi or executive car services online.
- American Constellation will be the name of American Cruise Lines new 170-passenger vessel.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Trump triggers more turbulence for Ryanair and other Boeing customers - April 14, 2019
- Shannon Heritage to further develop historic Newbridge House as tourist attraction - April 13, 2019