Celebrity Cruises is to hike its automatic daily gratuity from July 1, 2016up to $13.50 from $12.95 per person, per day and to $14 in Concierge-class and $17 in AquaClass.
Royal Caribbean ordered a fifth ship in the 5,479-passenger Oasis class Saint-Nazaire’s STX shipyard for delivery 2021.
Celebrity Cruises ordered a third and fourth ships in its “small-ship itinerary” Edge Class, scheduled for delivery 2018, 2020 and now 2021 and 2022. Edge-class ships will be smaller than the line’s Solstice Class but larger than the Millennial Class.
Thomson Cruises’ TUI Discovery entered wet dock and will depart Cadiz for Palma on June 5, and commence service on June 11. The 1,830-passenger ship which contains 915 cabins, 40pc with balconies and spans 11 decks will become the largest ship in Thomson Cruises’ fleet.
- Watch here Dawn Conway of Sunway on board the ship, watch here the ship arriving in Southampton, watch here Irish agents at the pre-launch event on board Harmony of the Seas
- SuperBreak partnered with A-ROSA for short break river cruise packages.
- Empress of the Seas returned to service in Miami for Royal Caribbean after a $50m makeover two months later than originally planned.
- Regent named Princess Charlene of Monaco as Godmother of Seven Seas Explorer
- Cruise & Maritime Voyages has partnered with taxi comparison service Minicabit to offer fixed price taxi or executive car services online.
- American Constellation will be the name of American Cruise Lines new 170-passenger vessel.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- The COST of Brexit to Irish tourism: 3 lost years, 1m visitors and €300m in revenue, and it has not even happened yet - January 28, 2020
- Atlantic Travel and Tour America win travel agency of the year awards - January 23, 2020
- EgyptAir announce Dublin-Cairo 4w year-round with A320 from June 5 - January 13, 2020
- Aer Lingus passenger numbers up 2.4pc to 11.6m in 2019 - January 10, 2020
- Irish travel industry honours 132 suppliers in shortlist for 2020 awards - January 10, 2020