Ciarán Mulligan has been named Businessman of the Year at this year’s Chambers Ireland and InBusiness awards ceremony in Dublin.
The independent awards by Chambers Ireland, Ireland’s biggest business association, aim to celebrate success, achievement and ambition within Irish business.
“I was delighted to hear about it,” a chuffed Ciarán told Travel Extra following the event in Dublin’s Westin Hotel.
The awards feature a number of categories – including Businesswoman of The Year, with Fingal County Council winning best council for its efforts, including in tourism development in the area.
Ciarán said he was happy to see law firm Eversheds take home the prize of Business of the Year, as it was involved in the Blue Insurance sale earlier this year.
He said of his company’s latest win: “It’s a team effort – it’s not just one individual that makes a company.”
Ciarán added that the team will be celebrating this week with the coveted granite-plated trophy: “We have our Christmas party on Friday night so we’ll do a bit of celebrating at that.”
It’s the latest major award for the company, which has been voted Deloitte Best Managed Company for the past three years. And the travel industry has been recognised among the wider corporate community too this year, with Tour America’s Mary McKenna becoming an EY Entrepreneur of the Year finalist.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019