IAG CEO Willie Walsh told shareholders at the company’s AGM in Madrid that Aer Lingus is helping to bolster IAG’s ambitions.
Media, including TRAVEL Extra‘s Michael Kelly, were hosted on a flight on CItyJet’s new Sukhoi SuperJet. The aircraft will be showcased at Farnborough air show. See more pictures here or connect with the album on Facebook.
Ethiopian Airlines took deliver of its first A350. TRAVEL Extra will be checking out the aircraft in Toulouse.
- Dubai International Airport closed its airspace for 69 minutes due to unauthorised drone activity.
- Ryanair called a halt to Shannon- Beauvais.
- Emirates‘ second daily service between Dubai and Melbourne is to go non-stop from October 30. Previously the second flight was routed via Kuala Lumpur.
- Egypt said it has spotted and obtained images from the wreckage of the EgyptAir plane that crashed into the Mediterranean last month, killing all 66 people on board.
Bombardier said aviation authorities in Europe and the United States have now certified its CS100 series passenger planes, demonstrated in Dublin this month, clearing the way for delivery of the aircraft to Swiss International Air Lines by the end of the month
England’s equality watchdog criticised BA for its treatment of disabled passengers after an actor launched legal action against the airline for alleged damage to her wheelchair.
Cityjet launch two direct flights from Cork to France this weekend using a 95-seat Avro RJ85. Inaugural flights depart to La Rochelle on Saturday with flights every Tuesday and Saturday up to August 27, and to Nantes on Sunday continuing weekly until August 28. Picture shows members of the Roarty family with CityJet cabin crew and Daragh Hanratty, head of aviation marketing at Cork Airport.
- Hainan Airlines regarded as the most likely airline to commence Dublin-Beijing, launched their first British service.
- America’s TSA claimed that new airport security lanes in Atlanta are 30pc more efficient.
- A survey by money.co.uk claimed 70pc of delayed passengers do not claim compensation, the equivalent of €11m left unclaimed by Irish passengers.
- Avolon delivered an A321-200 to Air Berlin.
- AWAS delivered the second of two planned A320 aircraft to Vietjet.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019