- Cityjet will lease 15 SSJ100
- Not certified for London City airport until 2018
- 98-seat configuration with interior designed by Pininfarina,
- Noticeably above-average height of 2m
Cityjet, who recently accepted delivery of their first Russian built Superjet SSJ100, invited travel media for a flight demonstration.
Cityjet will lease 15 of the aircraft with options on another 16. The deal is worth over 1 Billion USD, including option and after-sales services and becomes the first European airline to operate the Superjet
The CityJet aircraft is in the 98-seat configuration with an exclusive interior designed by Pininfarina, five abreast seating in a 32” seat pitch combining with a wider seat and cabin height of over 2m.
Although the company has a base at London city airport, it is not envisaged that the SSJ100 will be operating into the London airport until 2018.
The manufacturer and airline are working on certification to allow flights into City airport and expect this to be finished by the end of 2017 or early 2018
The company have contracted with Italian seat designer Gevan to supply slimline seats for the aircraft. The seats have additional padding and overall are extremely comfortable. Seat width at 18.5 inches is one of the best available among Irish carriers in economy class. Although seat pitch is listed as 32″, it certainly feels like a lot more. The cabin is spacious with plenty of room for carry on bags in the large overhead lockers.
Overall, passengers can expect a pleasant experience on the SSJ100
Having partnered with the Football Association of Ireland, the Cityjet carried the Irish soccer team to France for Euro 2016
SuperJet International is a joint venture between Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company and Finmeccanica Company of Italy
- Watch here to see the cabin interior and cockpit
By Michael Kelly
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Trump triggers more turbulence for Ryanair and other Boeing customers - April 14, 2019
- Shannon Heritage to further develop historic Newbridge House as tourist attraction - April 13, 2019