- Sale will be completed by mid November
- Third Sukhoi super jet delivered to Cityjet
The takeover of Stobart by Cityjet will be completed by November, all going well, according to Cityjet founder and CEO Pat Byrne.
Speaking to Travel Extra in the margins of the PATA/ACTE aviation summit in Amsterdam, Pat Byrne said that the airline was looking at deals in several European countries based on the contract flying model that Cityjet operates with SAS Scandinavian and Stobart operates with Aer Lingus. One big contract under discussion at present will untilise most of the airline’s Sukhoi Superjet SSJ100, the first airliner in which engine and airframe have been designed together to optimize performance.
Cityjet took possession of their third SSJ100 on Thursday Oct 27, EI-FWC. It will go to an airshow in China and will return to Dublin on November 8.
Last week Stobart Group bought out some minority shareholders in Everdeal (Stobart Air) and the Propius leasing company in preparation for sale to Cityjet and its sponsors
Pat Byrne said it has not been decided whether both airlines will retain their separate identities after a protracted takeover process kickstarted when Invesco Perpetual decided they wanted to offload their shareholding in the former Aer Arann, triggering a similar response by Stobart.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020