Students from 12 countries, including Ireland, will receive their degrees at the Shannon College of Hotel Management 2017 Graduation Ceremony today. The college which is part of the College of Business, Public Policy and Law in NUI Galway, has 100pc graduate employment since it was launched by Brendan O’Regan in 1951.
Students will receive their degree from President of NUI Galway Dr. James Browne. Shannon College of Hotel Management,
Its alumni includes managers of some of the world’s leading hotels, with students getting to enjoy their placement year in iconic global brand hotels many of which also travel to Shannon each year to interview and select students for their hotels.
The students will be addressed by Philip Smyth, Head of Shannon College of Hotel Management, and their class patron and mentor over the past four years, Colm Hannon, CEO at Adare Manor Resort and Luttrellstown Castle, a former student of the college.
- Watch here Gerald Lawless speaking at the IHF conference about his career in hotels including his time at Shannon.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019