Spike Island the former prison in Cork harbour which opened June as a visitor attraction, is targetting 70,000 visitors a year. Norman Crowley’s Cool Planet Experience, due to open in 2017 in a two-story building beside the Powerscourt Gardens, has set a target of 45,000 visitors in their first year. Exhibits are to be installed by Martello Media.
Dublin Zoo mourned the death of 19 year old silverback, Harry the Gorilla, father of six and one of its main attractions.
Ryan Tubridy broadcast along the Wild Atlantic Way this week as part of a promotion with Fáilte Ireland. Picture shows him getting his souvenir WAW passport stamped in Buncrana post office. The passport costs €10 and is available to buy at over 130 post offices.
Fifty members of the inbound trade attended Castles and Conquests, a workshop in Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny on Ireland’s Ancient East.
A group of travel agents representing the luxury market visited Ireland to experience Ireland’s Ancient East, the Wild Atlantic Way and Dublin—A Breath of Fresh Air.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Trump triggers more turbulence for Ryanair and other Boeing customers - April 14, 2019
- Shannon Heritage to further develop historic Newbridge House as tourist attraction - April 13, 2019