Cork Airport is expecting more than 44,000 passengers this August bank holiday weekend, with Saturday, August 4, expected to be its busiest day.
Niall McCarthy, Managing Director of Cork Airport, said passenger volumes are growing at the DAA airport. “We are delighted to welcome the significant extra frequencies on many of our summer schedule routes. This is one of our busiest weekends of the year as passengers from across the south of Ireland embrace the convenience, flexibility and choice that is offered when flying from Cork.”
More than doubling capacity on its Cork to Zurich service this summer, SWISS is operating three flights per week while Iberia Express’ Cork to Madrid route has also expanded. Spanish carrier Volotea is operating its Cork Verona route every Saturday and Wednesday.
This year’s August Bank Holiday Weekend is also the first for Air France’s new year-round daily flight from Cork to Paris, which also opens up access to the airline’s network of over 180 destinations worldwide via Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
Norwegian’s Cork to Boston Providence service is also operating this weekend, offering affordable transatlantic travel for those travelling to the east coast of America to experience US summer holiday destinations such as Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
Passengers planning to travel over the coming days are being advised to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to their flight to avoid unnecessary delays. Passengers are also strongly advised to go directly to the security screening area once checked in.
Cork Airport is reminding drivers to save on parking by booking online in advance atand are advised that the forecourt is strictly a set-down area only.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Sunday Supplement: Dublin aims for 6m transfer passengers as it sends 223 flights west each week - August 19, 2018
- Clickandgo gives you a run for your money as it’s named official Irish partner of Lanzarote Marathon - August 16, 2018
- Virtuoso awards hotel of the year to Adare Manor - August 16, 2018
- 18m passengers use Dublin Airport in first half of year as July breaks records - August 15, 2018
- Ed Sheeran and Dermot O’Leary to promote tourism to Ireland this autumn - August 14, 2018