- Passengers through Cork Airport grew to 2.3m in 2017, an increase of more than 3pc
- Airport looks to grow numbers by 7pc to 2.6m in 2019
- Airport got Air France services from Cork-CDG began last summer
- Swiss doubled summer capacity in 2018; Iberia Express expanded services by 5pc
Brian Gallagher has been appointed as the new Head of Aviation Business Development as Cork Airport aims to grow passenger numbers and add routes.
The new appointment comes as Cork Airport, Ireland’s second busiest and best connected international airport, enters its fourth year of consecutive growth, forecasting a 7pc rise in passenger numbers for 2019.
Mr Gallagher has more than seven years of experience working in aviation development across the DAA, with his most recent role as Airline Business Development Manager for Dublin Airport. Cork Airport said his new role will involve overseeing the continued development of partnerships with airlines, tourism partners and business stakeholders, to deliver continued route expansion and positive growth into the future.
Cork Airport Managing Director Niall Mac Carthy said late last year: “We are focused on growing and expanding our route network and the destinations served, and we are working with all our airline partners to drive this forward.” However, he said that any further routes are not yet confirmed.
Speaking on his new role at Cork Airport, Mr Gallagher said: “I look forward to utilising my experience and knowledge of business development in the aviation industry to further strengthen route development.”
Niall MacCarthy said: “We have seen fantastic growth at Cork Airport with passenger numbers consistently on the rise over the last three years, and Brian’s expertise will only strengthen this success.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020