Alan Smullen’s Dublin Croke Park Hotel has been voted Ireland’s best hotel in the awards accorded by international CAR-registered online travel agency Travel Republic.
The London based Travel Republic, headed up by Ian Simmonds, is owned by Dnata and part of the Emirates group.It was founded in 2003 by university friends Furner and Chris Waits and sold to Dnata in 2011.
The four-star hotel directly across from Croke Park stadium is part of The Doyle Collection, along with The Westbury, in Dublin.
Travel Republic Managing Director Ian Simmonds said: “We understand that choosing the right hotel is an integral part in making the perfect holiday, whether beach, city or all inclusive. That is why we have announced the Travel Republic Hotel Awards 2017, to highlight the hotels that have exceptional hotel standards, provided outstanding service and are highly rated by other customers.”
- Other winners included:
- Mainland Spain Costa Blanca Riviera Beachotel
- Balearic Islands Majorca Salles Hotel Marina Portals
- Canary Islands Gran Canaria Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel
- Portugal Algarve Porto Bay Falesia Hotel
- Greece Crete F.A.N Apartments
- Turkey Dalaman Pine Hill Hotel And Suites
- Britain Liverpool Hard Days Night Hotel
- USA Florida Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando Hotel
- Italy Venice Lagare Hotel Venezia – Mgallery Collection
- Germany Berlin Ivbergs Premium
- Hungary Budapest Continental Hotel Budapest
- UAE Dubai Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020