- Princess Cruises has commissioned a fourth 3,560-passenger Royal-class ship from Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri.
- Azamara Club Cruises made its Australian debut after Azamara Quest sailed from Bali to Darwin and on to Sydney.
- HAL ship Veendam was hit with a suspected outbreak of norovirus, affecting 57 passengers and 10 crew.
- Fred Olsen cruise ship Braemar rescued the 14-metre Nicollet sailing yacht and her four passengers and crew after it was adrift for three days.
- Costa will build two new ships for its Chinese market, joining the fleet in 2019 and 2020.
- Royal Caribbean has changed the name of its Devinly Decadence restaurant onboard Anthem of the Seas to Solarium Bistro,
- Norwegian Cruise Line cruisers logged 576,896 Facebook posts during the 20-day period, c, 14,150 tweets and 11,367 Instagram posts for a total of 159m impressions during the inaugural voyages of Norwegian Escape.
- Carnival Corporation ships will carry cage-free eggs by 2025. Royal Caribbean signed a 10-year contract with Virgin Islands Port Authority until 2026.
The following two tabs change content below.