- Dalata is to add 950 rooms to its owned and leased portfolio
- Portfolio increased from 1,588 rooms to 2,904 rooms
Dalata’s four month report to November confirmed it is to add 950 rooms to its owned and leased portfolio, the Maldron Hotel in Belfast due for completion in the second quarter of 2018; the Clayton Hotel Charlemont to be completed in the middle of 2018; and the Maldron Hotel Kevin Street which will start in January 2017 and open in the second quarter of 2018.
The Clayton hotel brand in Ireland increased from 1,588 rooms to 2,904 rooms in the final four months of the year.
The group has received planning permission for the 140-room extension at the Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport which will be completed in the third quarter of 2018.
The group completed a planning application for the new Maldron Hotel South Mall in Cork which is expected to open in the third quarter of 2018, with the extensions at Maldron Hotel Sandy Road, Maldron Hotel Parnell Square and the Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge.
Dalata says all are progressing well and due to be completed on time. Construction is underway at the new 226 room Maldron Hotel Newcastle, which is due to open in the summer of 2018, and EBITDA for the year ending 31 December 2016 will be at the upper end of its analysts’ expectations, stated the report.
Three former Clarion hotels were rebranded in November and December 2016 as well as the former Doubletree by Hilton hotel.
Currently there are 17 Clayton hotels in Ireland and Britain with 4,369 rooms, with The Clayton Hotel Burlington Road expected to trade in 2017.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019