Ireland’s biggest hotel operator, Dalata Hotel Group, is to upgrade and expand its Maldron Hotels network in a multi-million euro investment which will provide 418 new bedrooms.
The upgrade includes the completed extensions of two existing hotels while also opening two new hotels in Dublin and Cork. This follows the opening of the 237-bedroom Maldron Hotel Belfast City on schedule last March.
In addition to 418 new hotel rooms across four of its properties, Maldron Hotels has also upgraded many service offerings throughout its network including Grain and Grill Restaurant and own brand Red Bean Roastery.
The newly refurbished Maldron Hotel Sandy Road, Galway, officially opened in June following an extensive refurbishment, extending its 104-bed capacity by 63 bedrooms.
Meanwhile, Dublin’s Maldron Hotel Parnell Square is also due to unveil the results of an extensive refurbishment adding 53 new bedrooms to the property.
Conal O’Neill, Group General Manager, Maldron Hotels said of the makeovers: “For us, this represents a team effort across the whole business and we are looking forward to welcoming each and every visitor through our doors in the coming months.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019