Ireland’s biggest hotel operator, Dalata Hotel Group, is to upgrade and expand its Maldron Hotels network in a multi-million euro investment which will provide 418 new bedrooms.
The upgrade includes the completed extensions of two existing hotels while also opening two new hotels in Dublin and Cork. This follows the opening of the 237-bedroom Maldron Hotel Belfast City on schedule last March.
In addition to 418 new hotel rooms across four of its properties, Maldron Hotels has also upgraded many service offerings throughout its network including Grain and Grill Restaurant and own brand Red Bean Roastery.
The newly refurbished Maldron Hotel Sandy Road, Galway, officially opened in June following an extensive refurbishment, extending its 104-bed capacity by 63 bedrooms.
Meanwhile, Dublin’s Maldron Hotel Parnell Square is also due to unveil the results of an extensive refurbishment adding 53 new bedrooms to the property.
Conal O’Neill, Group General Manager, Maldron Hotels said of the makeovers: “For us, this represents a team effort across the whole business and we are looking forward to welcoming each and every visitor through our doors in the coming months.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019