- €9m invested in Maldron Hotel Sandy Road, Galway
- Refurbishment adds 61 bedrooms
- Relaunch follows opening of €26m Maldron Hotel, Kevin Street and €9m redevelopment of Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge
Dalata Hotel Group, Ireland’s largest, has unveiled the latest stage of its refurbishment and building programme, with the relaunch of the Maldron Hotel Sandy Road, Galway.
The refurbishment extends its 104-bedroom capacity by 61 bedrooms with enhanced guest amenities such as Grain & Grill Bar and Restaurant, Red Bean Coffee Roastery and a business centre which has six newly renovated meeting rooms.
The hotel was officially relaunched by the Lord Mayor of Galway, Niall McNelis, and John Hennessy, Chairman of Dalata Hotel Group PLC, with guests including Galway hurlers Joe Canning and Conor Whelan.
The Maldron Hotel Sandy Road relaunch is the latest in a series of upgrades and improvements to the Maldron Hotel network throughout Ireland which includes extensions of two existing hotels while also opening a new hotel in Cork.
In late September Dalata opened the Maldron Hotel Kevin Street following a €26m investment. Sister brand Clayton also unveiled a €9m redevelopment of Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge in September.
Pat McCann, CEO of Dalata Hotel Group said, “With the vibrancy of Galway City and increased interest in Galway city as a destination, we want to ensure that tourists can enjoy an affordable four star hotel with exceptional amenities. We are especially proud that this latest refurbishment resulted in the creation of 20 jobs.”
The hotel will be auctioning off a Canning hurl signed by Galway hurlers, Joe Canning and Conor Whelan. All funds raised from the auction will go to CMRF Crumlin, Dalata Hotel Group’s chosen charity partner for a third year running.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Offaly Council told of proposed airport in the exact middle of Ireland - October 16, 2018
- Ryanair moves ground ops to Omniserv from Swissport at Stansted - October 16, 2018
- Travel quote of the day from an Irish writer - October 16, 2018
- ‘Never intended to be anything more than a humorous insight’ – Photographer decries ‘Aer Lingus put X factor finalists in economy class’ story - October 16, 2018
- Destination of the day: Izmir - October 16, 2018