Dalata Hotel Group, Ireland’s largest hotel operator, is renewing its partnership with Children’s Medical & Research Foundation Crumlin in Dublin for a third consecutive year. Over the last two years, the hotel group has raised €419,000 for CMRF Crumlin with an aim to exceed half a million by the end of this year.
Dalata’s corporate social responsibility model sets each of its hotels a specific fundraising target in competition with one another.
Funds raised from the partnership have been invested to help combat Neuroblastoma, a cancer of the nervous system that primarily affects children aged five and younger and is responsible for approximately 15pc of childhood cancer deaths.
Dalata is partnered with CMRF Crumlin in the Republic of Ireland, Cancer Focus in the North and Great Ormond Street Hospital in London. The combined total for fundraising across all regions over the last two years has been €563,000.
Dermot Crowley Deputy CEO of Dalata said: “CMRF Crumlin, like Dalata Hotel Group, has a national reach so we felt this was the perfect match for us and our staff. Directly or indirectly childhood cancer or illness is something that resonates with our employees and guests alike and we want to support this in any way we can.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Trump triggers more turbulence for Ryanair and other Boeing customers - April 14, 2019
- Shannon Heritage to further develop historic Newbridge House as tourist attraction - April 13, 2019