Dublin airport is on course for 29.3m passengers in 2017 following another record month in May with 2.6m passengers.
So are this year passenger numbers are 6pc ahead of 2016, an additional 640,000 passengers. The number of passengers using Dublin Airport as a hub to connect to another destination in the first five months is up 51pc with 330,000 connections through Dublin Airport (165,000 passengers).
- Europe was up 4pc to 1.4m
- Britain was up 1pc to 843,000
- North America was up 18pc to 321,000
- Africa Middle East was up 3pc to 56,000
- Domestic was down 9pc to 8,000
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- Should Ireland join Schengen? These are the 38 points in the ITIC plan for Irish tourism. - September 19, 2023
- ‘Irish tourism is not expected to recover to pre pandemic levels until 2026, behind other sectors’ - September 19, 2023
- Club Travel profits ahead, sales behind 2019 - September 17, 2023
- Man arrested after stabbing incident outside Terminal 1 in Dublin Airport - September 17, 2023
- ‘Pre-pandemic the split was 44/56 in favour of the visitors, now it is 67/33 in favour of home holidays.’ - September 17, 2023