- Four breaches of 30-minute security queue limit
- Maximum was 55 minutes in May 2018
Passengers had to queue for 55 minutes at Dublin Airport terminal 1 security in May 2018. It is one of four breaches of the 30-minute queue limit at the airport in 2018.
The airport was fined €600,000 for the delays, which compare with one breach in 2017, two in 2016, 1 in 2015, none in 2014, four in 2013, three in 2012, none in 2011 and one in 2010.
CAR also applies targets relating to cleanliness, helpfulness of staff and people’s ease of finding their way around the airport.
A spokesperson for Dublin Airport said: “unfortunately, we failed to meet the regulator’s security queue target of 30 minutes on four occasions last year. We sincerely regret that as Dublin Airport’s aim is always to offer our customers the type of quality travel experience that they expect. We continue to strive to improve the product that we offer to our customers across the business.”
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020