Dublin Port has won two awards – Best Tourism and Best Company – in the sixth annual InBusiness Recogniton awards celebrating excellence in the corporate world.
Winners were chosen across 20 categories based on growth, profile of business, range of services and customer care. Other winners included Enterprise Ireland, Virgin Media and the Convention Centre Dublin.
“Receiving the Company of the Year award shines a light on another successful year for Dublin Port across all areas of the business, from trade and tourism to development, heritage and arts projects, and those in our business whose commitment and hard work make all this happen,” said Eamonn O’Reilly, Chief Executive, Dublin Port Company.
The Business Man of the Year prize was awarded to Dave Kirwan of Bord Gáis Energy for his leadership as Managing Director of the company, while the Business Woman of the Year Award went to Louise Phelan of PayPal. The event, in association with Skoda, was attended by hundreds of business leaders, was held in Dublin’s Westin Hotel.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Sunday Supplement: Dublin aims for 6m transfer passengers as it sends 223 flights west each week - August 19, 2018
- Clickandgo gives you a run for your money as it’s named official Irish partner of Lanzarote Marathon - August 16, 2018
- Virtuoso awards hotel of the year to Adare Manor - August 16, 2018
- 18m passengers use Dublin Airport in first half of year as July breaks records - August 15, 2018
- Ed Sheeran and Dermot O’Leary to promote tourism to Ireland this autumn - August 14, 2018