- Dublin prices up 23pc on June 2016
- Now one of the Europe’s more expensive cities
- Prices up 9pc across Ireland
- Belfast decline is due to currency fluctuation
The room rate on Trivago’s prcie index is €183, lifting it to one fo the ten most expensive cities in Europe with prices on the level of European cities such as Milan and Stockholm.
Killarney prices are up 20pc, and, from a smaller volume, Athlone prices are up 24pc and Donegal up 23pc..
Trivago lists 32 hotels in Athlone and 38 in Donegal compared with 193 in Killarney and 404 in Dublin.
Prices in Belfast declined by 12pc, largely due to currency fluctuations, to an average of €144.
Kilkenny and Wexxford have the cheapest hotel room prices in Ireland witht an average of €96.
The Irish Hotels Federation says Trivago accounts for 5pc of room sales in Irish hotels.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019
- Ryanair confirms capacity up 1pc and 4 new routes for Ireland for summer 2020 & 3 winter services to continue - September 25, 2019
- All Thomas Cook flights cancelled at 01.00am September 23rd 2019 - September 23, 2019