- Dublin prices up 23pc on June 2016
- Now one of the Europe’s more expensive cities
- Prices up 9pc across Ireland
- Belfast decline is due to currency fluctuation
The room rate on Trivago’s prcie index is €183, lifting it to one fo the ten most expensive cities in Europe with prices on the level of European cities such as Milan and Stockholm.
Killarney prices are up 20pc, and, from a smaller volume, Athlone prices are up 24pc and Donegal up 23pc..
Trivago lists 32 hotels in Athlone and 38 in Donegal compared with 193 in Killarney and 404 in Dublin.
Prices in Belfast declined by 12pc, largely due to currency fluctuations, to an average of €144.
Kilkenny and Wexxford have the cheapest hotel room prices in Ireland witht an average of €96.
The Irish Hotels Federation says Trivago accounts for 5pc of room sales in Irish hotels.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019