- Easyjet signs up with Virgin for self connect arrangement
- Gatwick Orlando and Las Vegas connections the prize
- 2 hours 30 minutes connection time
- join Corsair, Loganair, Norwegian,Thomas Cook, Singapore Airlines and Westjet,
Worldwide by Easyjet connections programme has added Virgin Atlantic, enabling connections at Gatwick airport with Virgin destinations such as Orlando, Las Vegas, Antigua and St Lucia.
Since its launch in 2017 Worldwide by Easyjet has set up connections with Corsair, all business airline La Compagnie, Loganair, Norwegian,Thomas Cook, Singapore Airlines and Westjet.
The self-connect service allows Easyjet customers to book connections and forward flights on easyjet.com, with the carrier stressing that the concept “does not impact Easyjet’s punctuality, its asset utilisation or operating model”.
Passengers are subject to a two hours 30 minutes minimum connecting time, and flights are not held for connecting passengers. Should a passenger miss a connecting flight they will be transferred to the next available service.
Easyjet says that the service has been “consistently growing”, with over 4,000 unique Origin and Destination bookings with partner airlines.
Ryanair’s connection agreement negotiations with Norwegian and Aer Lingus have stalled.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020