The Egyptian town of Dahab has also been named as one of the best destinations to learn scuba-diving
The Telegraph has nominated Egypt as an “amazing” destination to spend the winter holidays this year, inviting all travellers around the world to visit the land of the Pharaohs and enjoy its various tourist and archaeological sites.
And this year is the perfect time to visit the country. 2022 marks the centenary of the discovery of the tomb of the young pharaoh Tutankhamun, one of the greatest archaeological discoveries in the world. This year also marks the 200th anniversary of the deciphering of the Rosetta Stone, in addition to the opening of the long-awaited Grand Egyptian Museum.
Not only has Egypt been named one of the best family holiday destinations, but Lonely Planet magazine has listed Dahab in Sinai as one of the best places to get your diver certification. It highlights this all-year-round destination and its proximity to the old favourite, Sharm El Sheikh.
So if you’re looking for a brilliant family holiday or a scuba-diving adventure, then get booking a trip to Egypt!
For more information on travel in Egypt, see egypt.travel
Travel agents can join the Egyptian State Tourist Office’s online training course for travel agents at egypt-ott.co.uk
Latest posts by Clodagh Dooley (see all)
- Travel industry and Irish stars celebrate 10 years of Emirates in Ireland - March 10, 2022
- Join RTÉ lyric fm’s Marty Whelan for a night at the opera in Tuscany - March 8, 2022
- MSC Cruises suspends calls to St Petersburg - March 1, 2022
- Sligo Park Hotel becomes No.1 Sligo hotel on TripAdvisor - February 24, 2022
- Trabolgan Holiday Village to give away 130 free weekend holidays to frontline workers and their families across Ireland - February 19, 2022