- Emirates say honeymoon bookings from Ireland up 34pc
- Mauritius and Bali are most popular destinations
The most popular destinations for Irish Emirates honeymoon customers this year are Mauritius, Bali, Thailand, and the Seychelles. 10% of these customers book business class. Insert your own joke here about the lie-flat seats and bigger baggage allowance.
Enda Corneille, Irish country manager for Emirates, said: “According to the Central Statistics Office, the number of couples getting married in Ireland has stayed static at around 22,000, so the increase in bookings is unlikely to be related to a rise in couples tying the knot. Our sense is that consumer confidence is returning to the Irish market and it’s easier now than ever before to get to amazing honeymoon destinations such as Dubai, Mauritius, and the Seychelles… The current trend for newly weds flying with Emirates from Ireland is to take in two holiday destinations, usually involving a stop over in Dubai on the return journey, where the lure of year-round sunshine has huge appeal”.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020