This includes connections between UK and Australia.
Following the announcement that Emirates has resumed its cargo flights from Ireland, the Dubai-based airline has also announced its plan to operate scheduled flight services from 21st May to nine destinations: London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan, Madrid, Chicago, Toronto, Sydney and Melbourne.
The airline will also offer connections in Dubai for customers travelling between the UK and Australia.
This is all, of course, subject to Government approval.
Travellers will only be accepted on these flights if they comply with the eligibility and entry criteria requirements of their destination countries. This includes an approval from the Federal Authority for Identify and Citizenship (ICA) for UAE residents who wish to return to Dubai.
Adel Al Redha, Emirates’ Chief Operating Officer, says Emirates has implemented additional measures at the airport, in coordination with the relevant authorities, in respect to social distancing and sanitisation. “The safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers and communities, remain our top priority.”
As well as social distancing protocols being implemented, customers and employees will have their temperatures checked via thermal scanners at Dubai International Airport. Protective barriers have been installed at check-in counters and gloves and masks are mandatory at the airport and Emirates’ cabin crew will don personal protective equipment (PPE).
Emirates has also initiated a stringent safety programme to ensure aircraft cabins remain clean and sanitary.
For more information on Emirates and to book flights, visit emirates.com
Latest posts by Clodagh Dooley (see all)
- Malta airport to reopen in July and Irish tourists are invited to visit the island - June 4, 2020
- Lufthansa Group plans to resume flight services from Ireland by mid-June - June 2, 2020
- Celebrity Cruises celebrates 30th birthday and looks ahead to a positive future - May 28, 2020
- Air Canada to operate flights from Dublin this July - May 26, 2020
- How much do you know about Asia Pacific? Join the new online quiz nights for travel agents and test your knowledge - May 22, 2020