- Rock’in Food Festival in Wexford for August Bank Holiday
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Festival and Food Festival join forces
Celebrity Chef Edward Hayden is pictured arrived to a street full of umbrella’s to launch the Enniscorthy Rock’in Food Festival which is ready to welcome thousands of visitors to enjoy over 40 free events this August Bank Holiday weekend. Enniscorthy Rock ‘n’ Roll Town Festival and Enniscorthy Food Festival have joined forces to bring create the unique experience of a Rockin’ Food Festival from July 29th to 31st.
Enniscorthy Rock ‘n’ Roll Town Festival is based on 1950s Rock ‘n’ Roll, Rockabilly and Rhythm ‘n’ Blues music.
The revamped festival features a tapas trail, celebrity chef cookery demonstrations and tastings with chef Edward Hayden, a locally produced craft beer and cider exhibition along with a showcase of a variety of local produce and crafts from Wexford and beyond.
The 40 free events on offer include live music gigs, artisan food, craft and beer markets, outdoor movie screenings, junior 1798 rebel march, ancient east story telling, junior rebel parade, treasure hunt, mad hatters tea party, bungee trampoline, arts and crafts, and punch and judy shows.
This being Colm Toibin’s home town outdoor screenings of the movie Brooklyn will take place. There is a children’s carousel, face painting and balloon makers.
See visitwexford website.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019