- Meseret Tekalign leads Ethiopian new year celebrations
- Ethiopian food and wine part of celebration
- Airline operates Addis Adaba & Las Angeles 4w
Ethiopian Airlines Country Manager Meseret Tekalign and her team in Dublin hosted trade and media to celebrate the country’s new year, known as Enkutatash.
Guests were treated to traditional Ethiopian food, wine from Ethiopia’s Rift Valley and
witness a typical Ethiopian coffee ceremony at the event, held in the Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport.
For Ethiopians around the world the New Year signifies an end to the rainy season, plentiful harvests
and a countryside covered with bright yellow flowers. And, as is customary, Mrs Tekalign reminded guests that as Ethiopia uses the Julian calendar, which is seven years behind our Gregorian calendar, everyone in the room became instantly younger.
“As Ethiopian airlines continues to grow, it is the hard work and commitment of all those in Ethiopian that has made us the largest and most profitable airline in Africa with awards including a 4-star grading from SKYTRAX, TripAdvisor’s award of ‘Best Business Class in Africa and Indian Ocean’ and SKYTRAX ‘Best Airline in Africa,’ ‘Best Business Class in Africa’ and ‘Best Economy Class in Africa.’ It’s a good way to start a new year and we are delighted you are here to share it with us,” she told the audience.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Margaret Kilduff August finalist in Blue Insurance car competition - September 20, 2018
- CCPC clear €70m Blue Insurances deal - September 19, 2018
- Dublin Airport Update - September 19, 2018
- Travel quote of the day from an Irish writer - September 19, 2018
- Travel quote of the day from an Irish writer - September 18, 2018