- Ethiopian takes delivery of its first Airbus A-350 XWB
- First of 13 A350s handed over to Ethiopian
- First of 13 A350s handed over
- Irish leasing company will own the aricraft
Ethiopian Airlines has taken delivery the first A350 in the Ethiopian fleet and in Africa, courtesy of Aengus Kelly’s Swords-based AerCAP leasing company.
Thirteen more Airbus A350s will be added to the fleet over the next months.
Ethiopian says the A350 offers passengers more comfort with wider seats in business and economy class along with features including mood lighting to reduce fatigue after a long flight.
The seats are fitted with high-definition touch screen personal monitors and in-flight Wi-Fi is planned for the future.
Ethiopian implementing a 15-year strategic plan called Vision 2025 that will see it develop seven business centres: Ethiopian Domestic and Regional Airline; Ethiopian International Passenger Airline; Ethiopian Cargo; Ethiopian MRO; Ethiopian Aviation Academy; Ethiopian In-flight Catering Services; and Ethiopian Ground Service.
Ethiopian is registering an average growth of 25pc in the past seven years and is the biggest pan-African passenger and cargo network operating to 91 international destinations across five continents.
Ethiopian fleet includes Boeing 787, Boeing 777-300ER, Boeing 777-200LR, Boeing 777-200 Freighter, Bombardier Q-400 double cabin with an average fleet age of five years.
Group CEO of Ethiopian Airlines Tewolde GebreMariam said “operating the youngest fleet in the industry with modern in-cabin features is one of the four pillars of our vision 2025 and the introduction of the A-350 to our fleet is one component of this strategy.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Trump triggers more turbulence for Ryanair and other Boeing customers - April 14, 2019
- Shannon Heritage to further develop historic Newbridge House as tourist attraction - April 13, 2019