- Failte has €1m in grants in Dubin region
- Seeking surprising stories attractions
Fáilte Ireland is canvassing for attractions in the Dublin region which are interested in funding through its €1m grant scheme.
Heritage and visitor attractions are being invited to submit their ideas to improve the quality of physical interpretation – audio guides, video, interpretive panels and interactive technology – at their sites. The scheme will provide funding of between €50,000 and €200,000 to operating visitor attractions.
Paul Keeley, Fáilte Ireland’s Director of Commercial Development. “If we are to develop brilliant visitor experiences, we need to enhance our existing attractions and bring their stories to life. Emerging technology is creating new ways for visitors to enjoy history and heritage and – combined with rising visitor expectations and international standards for immersive, engaging and interactive experiences – this creates both an opportunity and a need for this kind of development to keep our tourism offering strong.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020