- Failte has €1m in grants in Dubin region
- Seeking surprising stories attractions
Fáilte Ireland is canvassing for attractions in the Dublin region which are interested in funding through its €1m grant scheme.
Heritage and visitor attractions are being invited to submit their ideas to improve the quality of physical interpretation – audio guides, video, interpretive panels and interactive technology – at their sites. The scheme will provide funding of between €50,000 and €200,000 to operating visitor attractions.
Paul Keeley, Fáilte Ireland’s Director of Commercial Development. “If we are to develop brilliant visitor experiences, we need to enhance our existing attractions and bring their stories to life. Emerging technology is creating new ways for visitors to enjoy history and heritage and – combined with rising visitor expectations and international standards for immersive, engaging and interactive experiences – this creates both an opportunity and a need for this kind of development to keep our tourism offering strong.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019