- Failte has €1m in grants in Dubin region
- Seeking surprising stories attractions
Fáilte Ireland is canvassing for attractions in the Dublin region which are interested in funding through its €1m grant scheme.
Heritage and visitor attractions are being invited to submit their ideas to improve the quality of physical interpretation – audio guides, video, interpretive panels and interactive technology – at their sites. The scheme will provide funding of between €50,000 and €200,000 to operating visitor attractions.
Paul Keeley, Fáilte Ireland’s Director of Commercial Development. “If we are to develop brilliant visitor experiences, we need to enhance our existing attractions and bring their stories to life. Emerging technology is creating new ways for visitors to enjoy history and heritage and – combined with rising visitor expectations and international standards for immersive, engaging and interactive experiences – this creates both an opportunity and a need for this kind of development to keep our tourism offering strong.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019