Cork Airport Managing Director Niall MacCarthy saw off top local chefs as they renewed ties with Newport in Rhode Island – which is twinned with Kinsale. It was the first time that they’ve been able to travel direct from Cork to the US, and used Norwegian‘s direct flight to Boston Providence for the annual restaurant exchange.
Kinsale chefs from Actons Hotel, Trident Hotel, Jim Edwards, The Blue Haven Collection, The White House, Finn’s Table, Fishy Fishy, and The White Lady travelled to the States for the Newport Kinsale Chef Exchange.
Niall MacCarthy said: “This direct route from Cork to Boston Providence has proven to be a major success. We are delighted to see the route being utilised for its convenience, ease, connectivity and direct access from Cork to US destinations such as Newport in Rhode Island, along with Boston, Cape Cod, and Martha’s Vineyard.”
The Chairman of Kinsale Good Food Circle and current President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland, Liam Edwards, said: ‘’The purpose of the trip is to continue to strengthen the bond between Newport and Kinsale and to highlight the connectivity via Cork Airport and Providence Rhode Island.
Each year, chefs from Newport, Rhode Island, come to Kinsale to take part in the Kinsale Gourmet Festival in October. In turn, Kinsale chefs travel to Newport to take part in the Newport Kinsale Chef Exchange. Each Irish restaurateur will be paired with a restaurant in Newport where they will serve Irish specialities.
Connect to the album here or on Facebook here.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019
- Ryanair confirms capacity up 1pc and 4 new routes for Ireland for summer 2020 & 3 winter services to continue - September 25, 2019
- All Thomas Cook flights cancelled at 01.00am September 23rd 2019 - September 23, 2019