Cork Airport is showcasing more of the country’s foodie offering, with the new launch of new outlets. Former rugby international Alan Quinlan was on hand to open the new eateries, which feature a host of local suppliers.
The Irish suppliers include Fingal Ferguson, Gubbeen chorizo; Jane Murphy, Ardsallagh Goat’s cheese; Bandonvale cheddar; Flahavan’s Oat porridge; G’s jams, Co Laois; Ballycotton Smoked salmon; Glenillen yoghurts; Glenown Ice cream; and Pallas Green for locally grown fruit and vegetables.
“I spend a lot of time travelling through airports, particularly here at Cork Airport, and often find it difficult to eat healthily,” said Quinlan, an ambassador for food service provider Aramark. “I am very impressed with what I have seen and tasted today, it’s delicious and I have no doubt the food offerings will go down very well with the travelling public.”
Niall MacCarthy, Managing Director of Cork Airport, said: “Cork and the wider region provides some of Ireland’s best seafood and produce, so it is very exciting for us to be able to showcase this in Food Republic and in Kinsale Café Bar – an apt name considering the superb seafood that is produced in the historic fishing town and its environs. So far, passenger feedback has been really positive.”
“A market of 2.3m potential customers is a great opportunity to drive and deliver great quality products to travellers coming through Cork airport,” Frank Gleeson, Managing Director of Aramark Food Services, said.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- Should Ireland join Schengen? These are the 38 points in the ITIC plan for Irish tourism. - September 19, 2023
- ‘Irish tourism is not expected to recover to pre pandemic levels until 2026, behind other sectors’ - September 19, 2023
- Club Travel profits ahead, sales behind 2019 - September 17, 2023
- Man arrested after stabbing incident outside Terminal 1 in Dublin Airport - September 17, 2023
- ‘Pre-pandemic the split was 44/56 in favour of the visitors, now it is 67/33 in favour of home holidays.’ - September 17, 2023