- FR7256 Madrid@06:15
- FR7356 Basel@07.10
- FR1984 Carcassone@7.20
- EI3342 Jersey@10:50
- EI532 Toulouse@11:45
- EI510 Perpgnan@12:05
Six flights from Dublin are among hundreds of flights to be cancelled on Thursday June 23 as a result of a strike by french air traffic controllers..
Ryanair, which cancelled 56 flights, says the latest strike is once again being aimed directly to upset the travel plans of soccer fans looking to attend the European Championships and is lobbying the EU Commission to
- require French ATC unions to engage in binding arbitration instead of strikes to resolve their claims, or
- allow Europe’s other ATCs to operate overflights over France while ATC unions are on strike
- require that flights over France are protected while ATC unions are on strike
Ryanair advised customers travelling on Thursday to check the status of their flight on the Ryanair.com website before travelling to the airport and is seeking a million signatures for its Keep Europe’s Skies Open petition on www.KeepEuropesSkiesOpen.com.
Ryanair’s Kenny Jacobs said: “These strikes by French ATC workers are becoming a weekly event by now, causing chaos for families wanting to take their summer breaks but also designed to upset the plans of football fans coming from far and wide to France to enjoy the Euros. It is simply unacceptable that this situation is allowed to persist, and we regret that once again we have been forced to cancel a number of flights due to the selfish actions of these workers. We now urge every disrupted customer, as well as disgruntled families and football fans, to sign up to Ryanair’s petition, www.KeepEuropesSkiesOpen.com, and when we gather one million signatures, we will present this petition to the European Commission to force it to finally take necessary action.”
- Ryanair full flight information
- See here for Dublin airport departures and here for arrivals.
- Shannon Airport see here for departures and here for arrivals.
- Cork airport see here for departures and here for arrivals.
- Belfast International airport see here for departures and here for arrivals.
- Belfast City airport see here for departures and here for arrivals.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019