The deadline to get entries in for the TRAVEL EXTRA Travel Journalist of the Year Awards 2017 is midnight this coming Thursday, January 11.
This year there are ten categories, with a holiday prize for each. The overall winner, chosen from the nine category winners, will receive an additional holiday prize.
Entries are invited for work published or broadcast in the year 2017 in the following categories:
- Home market (Ireland) story
- Northern Ireland
- Long Haul
- Digital Media
- Short Haul (incorporating sun holiday and city breaks)
- Adventure (new category)
- Travel Extra Travel Writer of the Year (overall)
The awards are sponsored by the Spanish Tourist Board, Turkish Airlines, Fáilte Ireland, TUI, Cassidy Travel, Northern Ireland Tourist Board, ClickandGo, Topflight & Gastein Tourist Board Austria, Sunway and UWalk.ie.
- Print entries should be submitted in hard copy (pdf versions will not be accepted).
- Broadcast entries can be submitted as cd, dvd or in digital form as mp3 or mp4 files.
- Entries for the digital media category should provide a full url linking to the content being submitted. If possible, a hard copy would be appreciated.
All entries should be labelled with name and contact details for the entrant, and details of where the piece submitted appeared.
Note that material submitted will not be returned to you after the awards presentation.
Please post or courier entries by midnight Thursday 11th January at the latest to:
TRAVEL EXTRA Travel Journalist awards, c/o Limelight Communications, 60 Grand Canal Street Upper, Beggars Bush, Dublin 4.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020