Harry Hwang, UNWTO, speaks with Kevin Flanagan, Editor of Travel Extra, about supporting the tourism business in the Canary Islands and shares his advice for Irish people thinking of travelling
When Kevin Flanagan got an invitation to travel to the Canary Islands in July, he discovered a new world of travel that includes masks, temperature checks and social distancing.
On his travels, he met Harry Hwang, Deputy Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific at the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO). Harry was with the UNWTO in the Canary Islands, July 2020, as part of a delegation of UNWTO delegates with the Canary Islands government tourist board and the Spanish government.
In this video, Harry speaks to Kevin about the challenges and impact of Covid-19 on travel, his advice for Irish travellers and getting confidence back into the market, while Covid-19 is still about.
Latest posts by Clodagh Dooley (see all)
- Travel Solutions launches Lake Garda programme direct from Belfast - September 30, 2020
- The Europe Hotel & Resort goes green with 100% renewable electricity - September 28, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association calls for Covid-19 tests before flight departures - September 24, 2020
- New stargazing experience to open in Tyrone next month - September 22, 2020
- World Paella Day with Spanish Tourism Office - September 19, 2020