Harry Hwang, UNWTO, speaks with Kevin Flanagan, Editor of Travel Extra, about supporting the tourism business in the Canary Islands and shares his advice for Irish people thinking of travelling
When Kevin Flanagan got an invitation to travel to the Canary Islands in July, he discovered a new world of travel that includes masks, temperature checks and social distancing.
On his travels, he met Harry Hwang, Deputy Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific at the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO). Harry was with the UNWTO in the Canary Islands, July 2020, as part of a delegation of UNWTO delegates with the Canary Islands government tourist board and the Spanish government.
In this video, Harry speaks to Kevin about the challenges and impact of Covid-19 on travel, his advice for Irish travellers and getting confidence back into the market, while Covid-19 is still about.
Latest posts by Clodagh Dooley (see all)
- Carlos Pinto de Oliveira appointed Director of Visit Portugal Ireland - January 12, 2023
- jump! innovation agency appointed by Fáilte Ireland to help further develop the country’s tourism offering - January 9, 2023
- Travel Department offering savings of up to €200 per holiday booking in 2023 - January 3, 2023
- James Villas in the UK launches ‘The Big Villa Sale’ - December 28, 2022
- The Holiday Show in association with Shannon Airport returns for its first show in three years, and brings expert travel advice to Limerick - December 22, 2022