Harry Hwang, UNWTO, speaks with Kevin Flanagan, Editor of Travel Extra, about supporting the tourism business in the Canary Islands and shares his advice for Irish people thinking of travelling
When Kevin Flanagan got an invitation to travel to the Canary Islands in July, he discovered a new world of travel that includes masks, temperature checks and social distancing.
On his travels, he met Harry Hwang, Deputy Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific at the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO). Harry was with the UNWTO in the Canary Islands, July 2020, as part of a delegation of UNWTO delegates with the Canary Islands government tourist board and the Spanish government.
In this video, Harry speaks to Kevin about the challenges and impact of Covid-19 on travel, his advice for Irish travellers and getting confidence back into the market, while Covid-19 is still about.
Latest posts by Clodagh Dooley (see all)
- Northern Ireland Tourism Alliance urges major rethink on new Common Travel Area guidance - May 14, 2021
- OPW announces the reopening of more heritage sites from today - May 10, 2021
- EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum to reopen this Monday 10th May - May 6, 2021
- Irish Travel Agents Association call on Government to implement Digital Green Certificates as soon as possible - April 30, 2021
- ITAA respond to closure of Joe Walsh Tours - April 27, 2021