Insight Vacations‘ Director of Sales, Paul Melinis, is to leave the Travel Corporation brand to join APT as its new regional managing director.
The move is being seen as a push by escorted touring and river cruise operator APT to bolster its commitment to the British market.
Melinis, who spent 17 years in senior sales roles at the Travel Corporation, was a regular face on the Irish travel scene, attending high profile events including the Irish Travel Agents Association awards.
Melinis will now be responsible for accelerating growth of APT’s touring and cruise business in Europe directly and through trade partnerships.
Melinis, who is deputy chairman of the Association of Touring & Adventure Suppliers, said: “I’m looking forward to taking the business to the next level.”
Kathryn Beadle, who retired last October as British Managing Director of TTC company Uniworld Boutique River Cruises, said she was “thrilled for Paul – great appointment”. Andy Harmer, Director of Cruise Organisation Clia, tweeted: “Hearty congratulations to the splendid Paul Melinis – we very much look forward to working with you”.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Turkish delight for Dublin Airport as Ryanair launches Dalaman service - June 25, 2018
- TRAVEL Extra Sunday Supplement: Norwegian targets Toronto as it expands Irish Atlantic operation, June 24 - June 24, 2018
- ITAA joins Ryanair and IAG in condemning latest round of air traffic strikes - June 22, 2018
- Niall Burgess: Irish passport renewals for children to be online before end of the year - June 21, 2018
- Norwegian to fly Dublin Airport to Toronto Hamilton daily from next March - June 21, 2018