Insight Vacations‘ Director of Sales, Paul Melinis, is to leave the Travel Corporation brand to join APT as its new regional managing director.
The move is being seen as a push by escorted touring and river cruise operator APT to bolster its commitment to the British market.
Melinis, who spent 17 years in senior sales roles at the Travel Corporation, was a regular face on the Irish travel scene, attending high profile events including the Irish Travel Agents Association awards.
Melinis will now be responsible for accelerating growth of APT’s touring and cruise business in Europe directly and through trade partnerships.
Melinis, who is deputy chairman of the Association of Touring & Adventure Suppliers, said: “I’m looking forward to taking the business to the next level.”
Kathryn Beadle, who retired last October as British Managing Director of TTC company Uniworld Boutique River Cruises, said she was “thrilled for Paul – great appointment”. Andy Harmer, Director of Cruise Organisation Clia, tweeted: “Hearty congratulations to the splendid Paul Melinis – we very much look forward to working with you”.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Shannon publicises its new Air Canada route at Toronto event - March 23, 2018
- Dublin Airport looks set to finally get rail link – but we’ll have to wait until at least 2027 - March 22, 2018
- Ryanair puts on extra flights for Irish fans for Liverpool’s Champions League tie - March 21, 2018
- Irish tourism partners warn Government that it needs to take sector seriously to sustain growth - March 21, 2018
- Air France to extend Cork-Paris CDG route to year round due to strong demand - March 21, 2018