Insight Vacations‘ Director of Sales, Paul Melinis, is to leave the Travel Corporation brand to join APT as its new regional managing director.
The move is being seen as a push by escorted touring and river cruise operator APT to bolster its commitment to the British market.
Melinis, who spent 17 years in senior sales roles at the Travel Corporation, was a regular face on the Irish travel scene, attending high profile events including the Irish Travel Agents Association awards.
Melinis will now be responsible for accelerating growth of APT’s touring and cruise business in Europe directly and through trade partnerships.
Melinis, who is deputy chairman of the Association of Touring & Adventure Suppliers, said: “I’m looking forward to taking the business to the next level.”
Kathryn Beadle, who retired last October as British Managing Director of TTC company Uniworld Boutique River Cruises, said she was “thrilled for Paul – great appointment”. Andy Harmer, Director of Cruise Organisation Clia, tweeted: “Hearty congratulations to the splendid Paul Melinis – we very much look forward to working with you”.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: And the shortlist for the travel trade awards is - January 14, 2018
- Travel agent of the year shortlist revealed: Joanna Gomez, Georgina Kelly & Leslie Marshall - January 12, 2018
- Another big move at DAA as runway mastermind follows old boss Kevin Toland to food firm - January 12, 2018
- Airport veteran Brian Drain to head up human resources in latest DAA shake-up - January 11, 2018
- Everest Base Camp with Declan O’Connell of Lee Travel - January 11, 2018