RSA Insurance Ireland Board Chairman Emer Daly is to join former Finance Minister Charlie McCreevy, Dick Milliken and Declan McKeon on Ryanair‘s Audit Committee.
Ms Emer Daly, who is also a Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of Permanent TSB Group and of Chetwood Financial, previously served as a Director of Payzone and held senior roles with PwC and AXA Insurance for over 20 years. She has held her role as RSA Chairman since September 2017.
She will serve as a Non-Executive Director of the Ryanair Board, which has also appointed Kyran McLaughlin as Senior Independent Director of Ryanair Holdings. He has been a non-executive director of Ryanair since January 2001, and is Deputy Chairman and Head of Capital Markets at Davy Stockbrokers.Kyran McLaughlin advised the airline during its initial flotation on the Dublin and NASDAQ stock markets in 1997.
The full Ryanair board comprises: Chairman David Bonderman, Chief Executive Michael O’Leary, Kyran McLaughlin, Michael Cawley, Howard Millar, Julie O’Neill, Louise Phelan, Charlie McCreevy, Declan McKeon, Dick Milliken and Stan McCarthy.
Ryanair Chairman David Bonderman said: “Given Emer’s vast experience and skills in accounting and risk management she will, I believe, be a significant and valuable addition to our Board and its Audit Committee. Emer has joined the Board, and she will put herself forward for approval by shareholders at our AGM in September 2018.
“We are also pleased to announce the appointment of Kyran McLaughlin as Senior Independent Director of Ryanair.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Holidaymakers are the victims again in French air traffic strike says ITAA - May 22, 2018
- Kerry leads the way as record number of beaches plant Blue Flags - May 22, 2018
- Shannon Airport appeals to passengers to use reinstated Ryanair flights to England - May 22, 2018
- Passengers face ‘heavy’ disruptions as French air traffic controllers strike - May 21, 2018
- Ryanair warns it may reintroduce charges for bags checked in at gate - May 21, 2018