RSA Insurance Ireland Board Chairman Emer Daly is to join former Finance Minister Charlie McCreevy, Dick Milliken and Declan McKeon on Ryanair‘s Audit Committee.
Ms Emer Daly, who is also a Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of Permanent TSB Group and of Chetwood Financial, previously served as a Director of Payzone and held senior roles with PwC and AXA Insurance for over 20 years. She has held her role as RSA Chairman since September 2017.
She will serve as a Non-Executive Director of the Ryanair Board, which has also appointed Kyran McLaughlin as Senior Independent Director of Ryanair Holdings. He has been a non-executive director of Ryanair since January 2001, and is Deputy Chairman and Head of Capital Markets at Davy Stockbrokers.Kyran McLaughlin advised the airline during its initial flotation on the Dublin and NASDAQ stock markets in 1997.
The full Ryanair board comprises: Chairman David Bonderman, Chief Executive Michael O’Leary, Kyran McLaughlin, Michael Cawley, Howard Millar, Julie O’Neill, Louise Phelan, Charlie McCreevy, Declan McKeon, Dick Milliken and Stan McCarthy.
Ryanair Chairman David Bonderman said: “Given Emer’s vast experience and skills in accounting and risk management she will, I believe, be a significant and valuable addition to our Board and its Audit Committee. Emer has joined the Board, and she will put herself forward for approval by shareholders at our AGM in September 2018.
“We are also pleased to announce the appointment of Kyran McLaughlin as Senior Independent Director of Ryanair.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- As the world gets set to go green, Dublin sees red for Chinese new year - February 16, 2018
- Ryanair to fly from Shannon to Liverpool and Bristol and boost Manchester services - February 16, 2018
- Irish spend €32m in Malta as visitor numbers rise by 9pc - February 14, 2018
- AerCap report 402 airline transactions in 2017 including 119 widebody - February 14, 2018
- Eastern Med and cruising to be star performers this summer as TUI earnings up 58pc - February 14, 2018